Answers to your questions about COVID-19
Booking your photography travel experience with confidence
Needless to say, it’s been a challenging time for the travel industry, but at Penda, we’re continuing our commitment to offering incredible photographic experiences. We’ve taken the time to work behind the scenes on improving what we do, adding new trips, and strengthening the impact we make. We’ll keep you updated on any changes in travel restrictions, and we’re looking forward to hosting you all again very soon!
If you already have a trip booked with us, and you’re not able to travel because of the pandemic, you can postpone your trip for free, for an unlimited amount of time. Should you want to switch to a different trip, we’ll be very happy to make this happen as well, at no additional cost. (Please note that this depends on availability of the specific trips.) We want to make it as easy as possible for you to change your travel plans in a way that works for you.
Updated Booking Conditions for New Bookings:
To make it easier and more risk-free to book a photography workshop with us, we have adjusted our booking conditions.
- We’ve lowered the deposit for bookings to 15%.
- Should COVID-19 restrictions make it impossible for you to travel at the start of your internship, you’ll be able to postpone your trip for any amount of time, at no extra cost. (This applies if borders are closed or if circumstances around the pandemic make it impossible to travel.)
- If we have to cancel a trip because of COVID-19, or you are not able to join us because of COVID-19, you’ll get a full refund, minus the 15% deposit, regardless of how last-minute this happens.
- Are borders open at your travel destinations? We’re pleased to say that a number of countries we work in have opened their borders for international travel. For information on specific countries, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about safety on the ground, once I reach my destination? Safety comes first, and we can assure you that we’re closely monitoring the situation in each country we work in, and making adjustments on the ground so that our team members, photographers, and on the ground partners are all able to continue to do their work in a safe way. If you have any specific concerns or questions about your destination, please let us know!
- Does my travel insurance cover me if I cancel my trip? This depends entirely on your specific insurance. Most insurance companies offer a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) coverage, which would cover for a percentage of the loss, depending on the level of CFAR coverage purchased, and provided the trip is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to scheduled departure. Please ask your insurance company the right questions to ensure that you are covered.
- Penda is not responsible for any incidental expenses that clients may have incurred as a result of the booking, such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights, etc.
- We urge you to take out a premium travel insurance that will cover for cancellations due to the pandemic.